How do I get excused from jury duty?
A prospective juror that has received a summons may be excused from serving for one of the following reasons by writing a note on the back side of the summons and return it to:
Jackson County Jury Office - Room #505
312 S. Jackson Street
Jackson, Michigan 49201

- Full-time student (with proof of college status)
- Active military service
- Age of juror - 70 years or older
- Non-resident of Jackson County (proof on non-residency)
- Jury service within the past 12 months (Attendance with pay)
- Written statement from a physician
- Convicted felon
Note: All requests must be in writing and mailed, faxed, or submitted online through the Jury Web Solution website.

Show All Answers

1. I have vacation and/or work hardships. Can I serve at another time?
2. How do I get excused from jury duty?
3. The summons/questionnaire is addressed to my son or daughter who is away at college. What should I do?
4. I am a nursing mother, can I be excused from serving?
5. If I am a stay-at-home mother, can I be excused from serving?
6. My job is demanding (or I work in small office/self-employed) and don't have time to serve jury duty, do I still have to serve?
7. I have recently moved out of County or State. What do I do to be excused?
8. What do I do if I live in another state during the winter months?