My order states that I have “reasonable” parenting time. What does that mean?
An order that grants “reasonable’ parenting time assumes that you and the other parent will agree to a parenting time schedule that is convenient for both of you and in the best interest of the child(ren). Jackson County’s 4th Judicial Circuit Court defines “reasonable” parenting time and publishes the reasonable parenting time schedule in the Friend of the Court Parenting Time Handbook which are available at the FOC office and on our website.

Our address is
1697 Lansing Avenue
Jackson, MI 49201

Show All Answers

1. I think that my child is being abused/neglected during parenting time spent with the other parent. What should I do?
2. Do I have to have an attorney to file a Motion Regarding Parenting Time, Support or Custody?
3. My order states that I have “reasonable” parenting time. What does that mean?
4. The other party is not following our parenting time provisions. What can I do?
5. The other party never returns clothing or other personal items after parenting time. What can I do?
6. The other party never exercises his/her parenting time. Can you enforce that he/she see the child(ren)?
7. My children do not want to visit with the other parent. Do I have to make them go?
8. I believe the other party is using drugs and/or under the influence of alcohol. Do I have to allow the children to go with parent for scheduled parenting time?