Our vision is to be Michigan's healthiest community.
Working together to create and promote a healthy community through disease prevention and control, health education, environmental protection and emergency preparedness.
Our Value Statements
- Collaboration: We work collaboratively with our community partners, sharing knowledge and resources to enhance access to services and improve the health and well-being of all residents in Jackson County.
- Integrity: We honor the public's trust and are committed to the highest standards of excellence, professional ethics and personal integrity in all that we do.
- Diversity: We value and respect diversity and recognize the benefit it brings in understanding and serving all people.
- Empowerment: Our organizational culture supports staff in their initiative to take actions that support our goals. We strive to be a high performance organization by promoting a culture of continuous improvement and foster employees that are competent, motivated, engaged and empowered.
- Customer Centered: Jackson County Health Department staff will treat all customers with dignity and respect while being adaptive and flexible to listen, meet and exceed the expectations of the community we serve.