Apply for Board or Commission Appointment
Note: It is advisable for applicants to attend the applicable Committee meeting. During the meeting, they may address the Committee under Public Comment in regard to the appointment(s) they are seeking.
Potential nominees to boards and commissions should:
- Have an interest in the board or commission they are applying for
- Be willing to become knowledgeable about the particular board or commission
- Be committed and willing to serve as a representative of the County on the board or commission
- Have no conflict of interest in regard to the board or commission they are applying for
- Apply or accept a nomination willingly, and not out of a sense of obligation
- Be available on the dates/times of the meetings of the particular board or commission.
Attendance at meetings is encouraged. Board Rule Policy 4090, Section 9.6 applies: Positions of Commissioner appointees may become vacant if three (3) unexcused consecutive or five (5) unexcused absences in a year. The determination of unexcused absences shall be made by the respective committee. A recommendation for removal from office shall be forwarded to the Board of Commissioners. This Section shall not apply to statutory boards which have other procedures for removal of members.